Monday, April 22, 2013

Post Vacation!

I am seriously terrible at updating my blog! Lots has been going on since the New Year!

As I was approaching my one year anniversary of my heart attack, I was really getting a lot of anxiety. I think doing the news stories and talking about it so much just really got me freaked out again. I started having a lot of anxiety attacks and was feeling like something was wrong again.

So, I've been working on different methods of managing my anxiety. I actually did a stress test at the hospital and got positive results, and that helped a lot!

A stress test is not the most fun thing to do! It took about four hours. I arrived at the hospital (fasting) and put an IV in your arm and inject you with some fluid. You have to sit for about 30 minutes and wait for it to go through, then they do a scan of your chest. You lay in this machine (not totally closed in, thank goodness) for 14 minutes without moving. FUN! So my anxiety was really high then! Then they took me over to the cardiac area and they hook you up to all the heart monitors and you run on the treadmill. You have to get your heart rate super high (and they aren't used to people so young, so it was harder to get mine up) and you run on the treadmill. Every 3 minutes the treadmill speed increases and it inclines. So by the time I got my heart rate high enough I was like climbing a mountain. Then while you are running, they inject you with fluid and then you have to do two more scans so they can check for any blockages.

But all of the results were good! So that was a HUGE relief to my anxiety. We also switched my anxiety medication and I think that helped.

I went on vacation this past week and that was nice and relaxing as well! However, I have been pigging out and now I have to get back into a healthy eating routine!

I did switch gyms... I will write more about that tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment