Monday, January 21, 2013

Approaching One Year....

It is so crazy to think that it has almost been a year since I had my heart attack. At times it feels like yesterday, and at others it feels like years ago.

Since I wrote my last post, I have been working hard to get back on track and I am feeling better about the direction I'm headed in. I've been planning more meals and making better choices. And I've actually been getting to the gym more frequently!

Last week was a stressful week. My boyfriend found a stray puppy at his office and I took on trying to find it a home. Jason's secretary took it the first night. She was awesome and took it to the vet, got it supplies, and got it shots. Then I took it the next night and Sandi Jane was NOT happy. She isn't used to that puppy energy and it kept biting her little rolls. lol. So I was in a huge rush to try and find it a home. After some family members passed on her, I took to the internet. I posted it on Fox 4's facebook page and it was amazing. Over 200 people shared her. Out of all the comments I got, there were only a few that were real. And I didn't just want to give her to someone who wanted a free puppy, I wanted to be sure it was a good home. And I found one! I felt so good about how it turned out. My heart was happy.

WHEW. Glad I got this year's good deed out of the way in January. :) Kidding!

I can't stand the way people treat animals. I am pretty sure somebody dumped her and it makes me so sad. How could someone do that to these innocent animals. I know it happens all the time, it's terrible. If Jason and I ever do decide to get a second dog, I definitely want to adopt from the shelter. It was a crazy experience. But it also made me realize I am not ready for a puppy right now. Although, I do kind of miss her now that she is gone. lol

My trainer weighed and took measurements this morning. We are going to do it again in 6 weeks and there WILL be POSITIVE changes! I have been working with her for 6 months now, and I have not seen the changes I should. And it's not because of her lack of effort, it's because of mine. No more excuses.

On Saturday I did a photo shoot for the American Heart Association. I will be a part of their "survivor" gallery. The picture and my story will be featured with some others when you walk into their office, and it's also part of a traveling exhibit.

February is Heart Month. Make sure you get your red ready for Feb. 1st!

Heart disease is the number one killer of both men and women, it kills more people than ALL cancers combined. Take care of yourselves and spread the word!


No comments:

Post a Comment