Thursday, October 25, 2012

Baseball Leg

Life seems to be so crazy these past few weeks! Jason & I moved, which has been such a task. We are finally settled in our new house and Sandi is thrilled to finally have her own yard. Everything is put away and clean, now if only it would stay that way!

With moving, (excuses excuses), I didn't make it to the gym much. Then on Sunday, we went and cleaned out our old place. We scrubbed and cleaned for almost 8 hours! Everyone who knows me knows that I am a HUGE klutz. My trainer always works on balance with me and it is much needed. Well, I really don't know what I did on Sunday but I must have bumped my knee at some point. I knew it hurt, and when i got up on the counter to put in some lightbulbs it REALLY hurt, but I still didn't pay any attention. Well Sunday night I was back at home, grabbing some clothes out of the truck when I looked down and saw that my leg was HUGE! I dropped everything and ran inside yelling at jason because I was freaking out. lol

Here is what it looked like when I first noticed it:


HUGE! So I texted a friend of mine who is a nurse and she told me to watch it closely. (Thanks Shalan!)

So anyways, I iced it all night and it was better the next morning. It is still a good size bump and a really gnarly looking bruise, but it is waaaay better. (I did call the cardiologist and check in to make sure it wasn't a blood clot and none of them were worried). My medications make me swell and bruise much easier!

But because of my leg, I couldn't work out the first few days of the week. But I went back this morning and we worked hard. I love working out with my trainer. She is just so encouraging and supportive, she is easy to talk to and be honest with and she always makes me want to do better.

So now, I have to force myself to get up before work tomorrow and go. I know I need to get in the habit of going to the gym in the mornings because with the holidays coming, I know I will come up with excuse after excuse because of working long hours, etc... But I just have to make it part of my routine and do it! Like my trainer was saying this morning, this isn't just to lose weight, this is for my life. I have to tell myself that every.single.day.

Lots of other things going on that seem to be stressful, but just gotta keep going. The Kansas City Star article was good. I thought they picked a picture where I was squinting and it only made me want to lose weight even more, lol...but it was good.

I'll end with a funny! (I'm sure my trainer would not approve of this method!)


No comments:

Post a Comment