Thursday, February 9, 2012

Thank You

Thank you to everyone for their overwhelmingly positive response to me writing about my journey. It gives me a lot of encouragement and makes me feel like I can really do this!

I need to also say thank you to my amazing friends and family who have been there for me for the past week. I feel so blessed to have such wonderful people in my life who care so much about me. I am a very lucky girl in lots of ways.

I am getting a little bored at home, I will definitely be ready to go back to work on Monday and get out and about. Jason and I ran a quick errand to Walgreens the other night, and then we stopped and got some dinner. My first meal out! I was able to pull up the menu from chic-fil-a on my phone before we went and figure out a healthy option. So, I had a plain grilled chicken sandwich and a fruit cup. The sandwich is nothing I will be running back for, but it was okay. Boy did I want to rip Jason's french fries out of his hand!

Yesterday, Jason's step-mom, Barb, brought us a pork roast, (Thank you!). So last night's dinner I think was my favorite so far. We had the roast, a small baked potato, and green beans. It was yummy. Luckily, I have leftovers! I went through a bunch of recipe books that I have from weight watchers and other things and marked recipes to try, so soon there will be a trip to the grocery store.

So far, I have lost 8.5 lbs, probably mostly from being in the hospital, but hey we are on the way. I'm feeling pretty good overall. The wound where they went in to do the cath is sore, and my back is hurting from laying around so much.

And just for smiles...here is Sandi, she has been taking good care of Mommy!

2 comments:

  1. What a cutie! Does she have some beagle in her? I have a beagle and I just love him to pieces.

    I agree, going out to eat seems like a waste many times because you could make a much tastier meal at home for the same amount of calories / fat / etc.

    8.5 lbs!?! Wow! Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we think she is a beagle/brittany mix. She is much bigger than a beagle at 45 lbs! :)

      Thanks so much, it looks like I might be able to find some yummy ideas on your blog!

      Delete