Thursday, January 31, 2013

National Go Red Day!

Tomorrow is National Go Red for Women Day! Break out your red and show your support for women who battle heart disease.

Last year on Go Red Friday, I had a heart attack. This year I think I'll just stick with wearing red.

It's so crazy to think that it has been a year. Sometimes it feels like yesterday, and other times it feels like years ago.

As I reflect on the past year, it's important to keep myself motivated. I thought I would have been further along with my goals by now, but I just have to look at the positive changes that I've made and continue to make more of them.

Fox 4 did a story on me yesterday. I had no notice, so I did not look my best. A portion aired tonight at 5 and the main story will air Wednesday morning on the 9 am show. The interviewed the doctor that performed my surgery and saved my life. I stayed around and watched him show the video of my heart during my heart attack and then after. It was kind of emotional to see, but definitely interesting. There was kind of this gray mass and that was where my plaque was bursting, causing the heart attack. Then immediately after, you could see the heart beating and the blood just flowing through as normal. Crazy stuff.

Sometimes people look at me with pity, and I've had my moments where I have felt it on myself too. But really, if everything can continue to go the way it is now, and I can just continue getting healthier and hopefully not have anymore problems, then everything will be just fine. There are so many worse things that could happen and so many more debilitating diseases.

Going through this past year, I think I have passed through all the stages of grief. But I'm alive and I'm happy. I have a great support system. And this year is going to be so much better than the last!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment