Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Zumbaaaa

Today is an incredibly boring day at work. I have a cold and all I want to do is go home and sleep!

I tried my first Zumba class last night. I know that I looked like an idiot, but it was a lot of fun. I can not move my hips at all and moving my feet, hips, and arms at the same time is an impossible task. But as long as you keep moving, that's what important. I was always afraid that a class like would be intimidating. But there were people there of ALL sizes and ages. It was really fun. I probably wouldn't have tried it if I hadn't gotten a friend to go with me, so thanks Trisha!

I worked out with my trainer on Monday and I am still sore! Not terribly, just a little in the legs. She has me to do so much balance and core training. We do a lot on the Bosu ball and Yoga ball. So instead of just lifting weight, I am standing on the bosu ball trying to balance myself AND lift weights at the same time. Yikes. But I'm always impressed with myself when I do it.

We did squats on Monday, on the bosu ball, holding weights.

But balance is DEFINITELY something I could use some improvement on.

I went to a really fun wedding on Saturday night, so I was also still lagging a little from having too much fun. It was so beautiful and it was like a college reunion. We danced and danced and stayed up way past my bedtime.

A week or so ago, I went to my first American Heart Association meeting for Go Red for Women. It is a really great organization and I would encourage anyone who is interested in a healthier lifestyle to visit their site for all kinds of great tips. www.goredforwomen.org.

I also talked to my work and this year on Red Friday (February 1st), since it is National Go Red for Women Day, my work is going to donate a percentage of sales to the AHA and we are going to do different promotions. This will also be 1 year to the weekend that I had my heart attack. Wasn't it very good of me to have it on Red Friday? lol.

Don't forget to follow me on Twitter. Heartjourney86

And pick up the Kansas City Star on Sunday, October 14 and look for a story on me in the Star Magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment